In pursuit of this mission, Directorate of Research, Innovation & Commercialization has the responsibility of guaranteeing that all research programs and policies reflect the core values of academic freedom, professional integrity and ethical conduct and full compliance with all policies, legal requirements and operational standards of the college SSCMS to be established fully and completed by the end of year 2025.
- Establish and maintain a research culture at SSCMS
- Inculcate the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship among SSCMS researchers, both faculty and students.
- Ensure that the research pursued at SSCMS has relevance to the industry, community and society.
- Commercialize R&D performed at SSCMS.
- Promote industry focused multidisciplinary R&D.
- Promote training and education related to entrepreneurship and intellectual property.
- Be a catalyst for creation of new industries in field of Medicine, Dentistry and allied.
- Create job opportunities for SSCMS graduates.
- Contribute towards achieving financial sustainability for SSCMS.
Keeping in view of the mission, following objectives have been laid out for professional development centre to be established by the year 2025: