The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) at the Sir Syed College of Medical Sciences provides the bedrock to ensure highest possible level of quality in current and future initiatives and activities. The team QEC will provide all possible support to different stakeholders including students, faculty, staff, management, guardians, employers, regulatory and accrediting bodies, and local and international quality management institutions with the sole aim of quality generation, maintenance, and enhancement in all our operations, ensuring international-level teaching and research, quality of degree programs, program accreditation, student learning and employability, faculty and staff training and development of campuses, and establishing and fostering linkages with all relevant local and international stakeholders as our QEC responsibilities. We are fully committed to not only fulfil the stated responsibilities, but are geared to lead in planning and executing initiatives to raise the quality bar in all facets of our operations to ever greater heights of academic excellence including research.
Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) was established in Sir Syed College of Medical Sciences in February 2018, in line with the higher education policies.
Sir Syed College of Medical Sciences being a prestigious educational institute has always been conscious of the quality of its education and services and to address the important aspects. QEC’s frame works is a road map to continuous improvement and constitutes a means to measure the institute’s commitments to implementing the highest standards of quality through reflection, discovery and advancement.
Sir Syed College of Medical Sciences will strive and ensure in building a strong frame work to develop, implement, monitor, asses and report on measures to enhance the quality of education.
The frame work will be responsible to serve as an outline for different processes and highlighting how various aspects correlate to one another. Sir Syed College of Medical Sciences ensures that quality is an ongoing and evidence based process.
QEC at Sir Syed College of Medical Sciences provides guidance and support to all departments in development of self-assessment reports, identifying problems, probing into the causes of these problems and offer solutions to make improvement through assessment reviews.
QEC of the institute has clearly defined guidelines as per HEC policies and ensures commitments to continuous improvement. The QEC team at Sir Syed College of Medical Sciences would work in close collaboration with Jinnah Sindh Medical University management for improvement and enhancement of existing programs and development of new ones for uplifting of the institution.
Function of QEC
- To represent the College at Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and regional /national quality network meetings and be an ambassador for the College in a range of external environments.
- To play a central role in the development of the College’s quality assurance and enhancement policies and procedures.
- To Develop quality strategies to help the college achieve strategic goals
- To work with University Faculties to ensure the successful implementation of University quality assurance and enhancement policies and procedures
- To establish and maintain effective Quality Assurance Functions for the college in compliance with national and international regulations and standards
- To Plan, coordinate, and direct quality programs, initiatives and activities to ensure the quality and reliability of all Academic programs
- Capacity building of its team through HEC training programs.
- To Review processes in order to ensure that they align with current National / International Standards.
QEC is responsible for the up-gradation of the following:
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student's perception.
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment